Anushka Sharma is a well-known Bollywood film actress and model from India, who has made a place in millions of days with her acting ability. She has expressed herself as a great actress through various characters in films. Sometime back he started his own production company. That’s why she has also become a film producer. Last year, Anushka got married to Virat Kohli, who is the captain of the Indian cricket team. To know more information about them, you can go through our article completely.
Biography of Anushka Sharma
|1.||Full Name||Anushka Sharma Kohli|
|2.||Nick Name||Anu, Nushi|
|3.||Birth (Birth Date)||May 1, 1988|
|4.||Place of Birth (Birth Place)||Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|5.||Profession||Actress and Film Producer|
|6.||Age (Age)||30 years|
|8.||Hometown||Mumbai , Maharashtra, India|
|9.||Debut||Film ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’|
|12.||Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|13.||Address (Add ress)||Badrinath Towers, 20th Floor, 7th Bungalow, Andheri, Mumbai|
|14.||Marital Status Status)||Married|
|15.||Zodiac (Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign)||Taurus|
|16.||Salary / Net Worth Worth||$9 Million|
|1.||Father’s Name||Col Ajay Kumar Sharma|
|2.||Mother’s Name||Ashima Sharma|
|3.||Brother’s Name||Karnesh Sharma|
|4.||Spouse Name||Virat Kohli|
|5.||Marriage Date||December 11th, 2017|
He was born in the city of Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh, but was brought up in Bangalore. His father was an army officer, and his mother is a housewife. He has an elder brother who initially served in the merchant navy and is now a film producer. Thus Anushka belongs to an army background. It has made a significant contribution to his life. In an interview with the Times of India in 2012, she said that – “She is very proud to say that she is the daughter of an army officer, which is more than being an actress.”
Education and Early Life
Anushka was born in Uttar Pradesh, but she grew up in Bangalore. That’s why his schooling was also done from Army School in Bangalore. After this he graduated from Mount Carmel College in Arts. She originally aspired to pursue a career in modeling or journalism, and becoming an actress was not her dream. After completing her graduation, she decided to move to Mumbai to pursue her modeling career.
Modelling Career of Anushka Sharma
Style consultant Prasad Bidapa played an important role in making Anushka a model. Due to this, Anushka enrolled herself in Elite Model Management. In 2007, she walked the ramp at Lakme Fashion Week for the designer Wendell Rodricks’ Les Vamps show, and was chosen as the final model in the Spring Summer 2007 collection.
After this, he got a chance to work in advertisements of many brands one after the other. He has worked for brands like Silk & Shine, Whisper, Nathala Bhushan and Fiat Palio. His acting in commercials made him feel that he was born to work in the field of acting. Due to this, he decided to join an acting school while modeling and then he started auditioning to act in the film.
Career in Film Industry of Anushka Sharma
During the audition, he gave his screen test at Yash Raj Films Studio. After auditioning, he was offered 3 films, which he signed. Here is information about the films he has starred in this contract and his career so far.
Anushka Sharma Film Career
Anushka started her film career in 2008 with Aditya Chopra’s romantic drama film ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’. Superstar Shahrukh Khan was the main character in this film. Anushka appeared in this film in the role of Tani Sahni, who was a main character in the film. She gave an outstanding performance in this film, for which she was also nominated for several awards for ‘Best Actress’ and ‘Best Female Debut’. The film was a major commercial success and the second highest grossing Bollywood film of 2008.
After this, his next film was a crime-comedy film, named ‘Badmaash Company’. Shahid Kapoor, Vir Das and Meiyang Chang also acted with him in this film. This film came in the year 2010. After this film, she worked with Ranveer Singh in the film ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’.
This was Ranveer’s debut film. With this film, Anushka completed the contract of 3 films with Yash Raj Films. In this film, her character was of a ‘wedding planner’, whose name was Shruti Kakkar. His character in this film was well liked.
- After completing her contract with Yash Raj Films, she worked with Akshay Kumar in the film ‘Patyala House’ in 2011. His performance in this film was also highly appreciated.
- In the same year, he had another film ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’. In this film, he received mixed response from critics.
- In 2012, he played a supporting role in the last film Jab Tak Hai Jaan directed by Yash Chopra along with Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif. He also received many awards for this film. The film was the third highest grossing Bollywood film of 2012.
- In 2013, he played the lead role in Vishal Bhardwaj’s political satire film ‘Matru Ki Bijli Ka Man Dola’. Along with Anushka, there were some other famous actors in this film, but still the film was a huge flop.
- In 2014, he performed very well in the film ‘PK’ based on the religious satire of Rajkumar Hirani. Aamir Khan was in the lead role in this film. The name of Anushka’s character in the film was ‘Jaggu i.e. Jagat Janani’. This film was very much liked, and this film was very much liked not only in India but in many countries around the world. Along with this, Anushka launched her own production company ‘Clean Slate Films’.
- Anurag Kashyap’s crime-drama film ‘Bombay Velvet’ came in 2015. Anushka worked hard to play the role of a jazz singer Rosie Noronha in this film, but the film could not succeed in impressing the critics.
- After this she acted in a film starring Soya Kapoor, Shefali Shah, Priyanka Chopra and Ranveer Singh. The film was directed by Zoya Akhtar which was a comedy drama film. The name of this film was ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’. In this film, she played a supporting role as a dancer on a cruise ship.
- After this, in 2016, she worked with superstar Salman Khan in the romantic sports drama film ‘Sultan’ under the Yash Raj Films banner. In this film, he played the role of Arfa Hussain. For this film, he trained for 6 weeks to learn to speak in Haryanvi language. But he got a general response for it, although his performance in this film was quite good.
- In the year 2016, another film of Anushka came which was Karan Johar’s blockbuster romantic drama film ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’. Ranbir Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai were with him in this. His role in this film was also very good. She was honored as the most successful Bollywood actress of the year as both these films were superhit.
- In the year 2017, she appeared in two films. The first fantasy comedy film ‘Philauri‘ which was produced by him. And also he rapped in a song in this film. The second was Imtiaz Ali’s romance film ‘Jab Harry Met Sejal‘. Shahrukh Khan appeared in the lead role with him in this film. However, both these films failed to make a mark at the box office.
- They got married in the year 2017 December. And after marriage, in 2018, his next film was a supernatural horror film ‘Pari’. The film was also not a success, but he was widely appreciated for his risk-taking approach and his willingness to take different paths.
- This year she worked with Varun Dhawan in ‘Sui Dhaaga‘ and Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanjay Dutt biopic Sanju with Ranbir Kapoor, which were huge hits.
- 2008 – Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
- 2010 – Badass Company
- 2010 – Band Baaja Baaraat
- 2010 – Badmaash Company
- 2010 – Band Baaja Baaraat
- 2011 – Patiala House
- 2011 – Ladies vs Ricky Bahl
- 2012 – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- 2013 – Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola
- 2014 – PK
- 2015 – NH 10 Meera also producer
- 2015 – Hum Hain Hyappi
- 2015 – Bombay Velvet
- 2015 – Dil Dhadakne Do
- 2016 – Sultan
- 2016 – Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- 2017 – Phillauri
- 2017 – Jab Harry Met Sejal
- 2018 – Pari
- 2018 – Made in India
- 2018 – Sanju
- 2018 – Sui Dhaaga
- 2018 – Zero
- 2020 – Angrezi Medium
- 2020 – Bulbbul
Career as a Producer
After launching her own production company in 2015, Anushka worked as a lead role in her own production film NH10. This film was a thriller film. The film received moderate response from critics.
Awards & Achievements of Anushka Sharma
The awards and achievements he has received in his career so far are as follows –
- She received the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress in the year 2013 for the film ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan‘.
- She also won the International Indian Film Academy Award (IIFA Award) in the year 2011 as the Best Actress for the film ‘Band Baaja Baaraat‘ and in the year 2013 as the Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan‘.
- Along with this, in the year 2017 she was named ‘Woman of the Year’ by ‘GQ Magazine‘, ‘Game Changer of the Year‘ by ‘Vogue Magazine‘ and ‘Person of the Year‘ by ‘PETA India‘.
- Prior to that, in 2015, she was named the ‘Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity‘ by PETA.+
Anushka Sharma look
Anushka Sharma is a fashion stylish. As a bride, she has given fashion goals to the entire generation. Her casual avatar is always tip-top, comfortable and cool. She has a flawless complexion and many people are in awe of her smile. Here are some details about their looks –
|1.||Height||5 foot 9 inches|
|3.||Figure||34 – 26 – 34|
|4.||Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|6.||Shoe Size||8 (US)|
Anushka Sharma likes and dislikes
|1.||Food Habit||Vegetarian, Japanese Food & Porridge|
|2.||Hobbies||Dancing and Reading|
|3.||Favorite Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh and Aamir Khan|
|4.||(Favorite Actress )||Rani Mukerji, Madhuri Dixit|
|5.||Favorite Films||Bollywood : Jab We Met, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Chak De! India and Dil Se
Hollywood : The Shawshank Redemption, Life is Beautiful, In the Mood for Love, Fish Tank
|6.||Favorite Color||White, Grey, Black and Navy Blue|
|7.||Favorite Perfume||Ralph Lauren Blue|
|8.||Favorite Destination||London, Paris, Himalaya and Goa|
|9.||Favorites Brand (Favourite Brand)||Burberry, Gabbana Light Blue|
Favorite thing of Anushka Sharma
- Side interest – Reading Books, Dancing
- Most loved Color – Like Brown, Black, White, Blue
- Most loved Perfume – Ralph Lauren Blue
- Most loved Films – Jab We Met, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Most loved Food – Vegetarian, Japanese, Khichdi
- Most loved Brand – Burberry, Gabbana Light Blue
- In the Actor – Like Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh, Aamir Khan
- In the Actress – Like Madhuri Dixit, Rani Mukerji
- Her Shoe Size – 8 (US)
- Her Dress Size – 2
- Most loved Sports – Cricket
Interesting facts about Anushka Sharma
- In 2006, Anushka’s picture has appeared on a wall in the film ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’. This is the first 2 years from the start of his debut film.
- In 2014, the states of Kashmir and Assam were greatly affected by the floods. Anushka had given her support for their redevelopment. For which he auctioned the leather jacket he was wearing in the film ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ on eBay.
- She is the youngest Bollywood actress in age, who has also become a producer. She became a producer at the age of 25.
- Had Anushka not been an actress, she would have been a journalist. Before modeling, she had enrolled for a journalism course.
- Anushka and her family are an outstanding follower of Anant Dham Atmabodh Ashram in Haridwar. Maharaj Anant Baba is his spiritual teacher.
- She decided to become an actress after seeing Kareena Kapoor in the 2007 film ‘Jab We Met’.
- Anushka Sharma is the first Bollywood actress to appear in Entrepreneur Magazine.
- She admires and respects Shahrukh Khan. Anushka says that she does not like Shahrukh much as an actor but he is a very good person.
- Anushka auditioned for the role of Kareena Kapoor in the 2009 film ‘3 Idiots’ before her debut film.
- Anushka Sharma is very fond of shoes, hair masks, shampoos and conditioners.
- It is said that Anushka Sharma met Virat Kohli at the time of a shampoo advertisement, since then both of them became friends and started dating, later after friendship and love, both of them got married.
- He auctioned off the leather jacket he wore in the movie “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” on Ebay (e-commerce website) to help raise funds for the flood-affected areas of Kashmir and Assam.
Personal life of Anushka Sharma
Anushka not only acts but she also supports many charities in personal life and helping people from the troubles caused by natural calamities. In 2013, she supported the education of India’s young girls as part of NDTV’s ‘Hamari Beti Hamara Gaurav’ fundraiser. In 2015, a campaign was started to help the victims of Nepal earthquake.
Apart from this, Anushka is also very active on social media for animal rights. In October 2015, he launched ‘Positivity’, a campaign aimed at making people aware of the ill effects of noise, air, water and soil pollution. Apart from this, in October 2017, she launched her own clothing line named ‘Nush’.
Anushka Sharma Boyfriends and affair
1) Zoheb Yusuf :-
First of all the name comes of Zoheb Yusuf. She came to Mumbai with him, who supported her to give her an opportunity as a model. But initially Zoheb could not help Anushka to make a good career as she did not get the offer and she returned to her home. After this their relationship broke down due to the distance between them.
2) Ranveer singh :-
In 2010, during the film ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’, she met her co-actor Ranveer Singh. After that they did 2 films together during that time. Due to which both of them became very good friends. They both started dating each other. But in 2013, due to some reason, they broke up.
3) Virat Kohli :-
In 2013 itself, he met Indian cricketer Virat Kohli. Both of them worked together in a shampoo ad. And since then these two became very special friends, and both are together. They got married in December last year during a private ceremony in Italy, and the two tied the knot.
Social Media of Anushka Sharma
|Social Media||Media Followers|
Anushka Sharma Criticism in social media
Paying tribute to former President of India Late Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, he posted his name ‘ABJ Kalam Azad’ on Twitter. After this, he was criticized a lot on Twitter. Then he deleted this tweet and posted another tweet ‘APJ Kalam Azad’, which was again wrong. Then after this he tweeted again for the third time and this time he wrote the correct name ‘Dr APJ Abdul Kalam’.
In the beginning of 2016, there was a rift between her and Virat Kohli’s relationship. Actually, according to a report, Kohli had invested a substantial amount in Anushka’s film ‘Bombay Velvet’, which unfortunately failed at the box office. Then when Kohli asked Anushka about the loss of money, she was very sad. Kohli also unfollowed him on his Twitter and Instagram, which was the subject of much discussion at that time. But after a few months both of them came together.
Anushka’s dream of becoming a journalist
Who knew that Anushka, who dreams of becoming a journalist, would choose the path of acting. People may not know about this, but Anushka wanted to become a journalist before joining Bollywood. He disclosed this in an interview. She said that she did not want a big model. In terms of career, his priority was journalism. Which soon turned into modeling. Anushka has done a total of 15 films in her film journey so far, due to which she has made a big name in Hindi cinema. Anushka Sharma, who has proved her mettle in Bollywood, is one of the best actresses of the country.
FAQ of Anushka Sharma
Question-1). Is Anushka Sharma’s son or daughter?
Answer-1). Anushka Sharma’s daughter was born on 11 January 2021. His name is Vamik Kohli.
Question-2). Where was Anushka Sharma born?
Answer-2). Anushka Sharma was born in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
Question-3). Who is Anushka Sharma?
Answer-3). Anushka Sharma is a famous Bollywood actress, model and film producer.
Question-4). What is the birthday of Anushka Sharma?
Answer-4). 1 May 1988
Question-5). Where is Anushka Sharma from?
Answer-5). Anushka Sharma is originally from Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
Question-6). What is the age of Anushka Sharma?
Answer-6). At present the age of Anushka Sharma is 33 years.
Question-7). What is the name of Anushka Sharma’s husband?
Answer-7). Anushka Sharma’s husband Virat Kohli is the captain of the Indian cricket team.